Thursday, April 20, 2023

ChatGPT in Education

Few weeks back, I was teaching my year 4 students and was explaining to them how to write email in a correct format and with the right structure. One of my students asked me why are we learning it? He said " My dad use ChatGPT to write his business emails". This really took my attention to the point that it's so important to deeply understand the purpose of learning in order to have effective learning in this age where everything is just a click away. I have explained ChatGPT can only be useful if you understand yourself that whether it has produced a quality work according to your need or not.  

The future would be all about AI tools. We cannot escape from its existence, but what we can do is to use it to make our teaching more innovative and effective with these AI tool. We have to change the nature of the assessment to incorporate such technology-based tool. Use them in away that would helpful for the students to use it to sharpen their cognitive skill rather than passively acquiring knowledge. 

Recently, few of my colleagues had a discussion on ChatGPT and its impact on education, which is as follows. Please look through and add your point of view as well. 

Reference:

Roose, K. (2023), Don't ban ChatGPT in School- teach with it, Newyork Times, Available at : Don’t Ban ChatGPT in Schools. Teach With It. - The New York Times (nytimes.com) (Accessed on 28th March). 

Made with Padlet


No comments:

Post a Comment

ChatGPT in Education

Few weeks back, I was teaching my year 4 students and was explaining to them how to write email in a correct format and with the right struc...